Planning in a Time of Uncertainty Grantee Convening with Amanda Bergson-SHilcock
June 12, 2020
Resources from speaker Amanda Bergson-Shilcock, National Skills Coalition:
- Article on the difference between online learning and “emergency remote teaching”
- National Digital Inclusion Alliance (advocates for all 3 legs of the digital inclusion stool — broadband access, digital device access, and digital literacy). Recommend signing up for their listserv.
- NSC’s recent Applying a Racial Equity Lens to Digital Literacy (includes special section on immigrants and English learners)
- Our podcast episode interviewing Jerry Rubin of JVS Boston on digital literacy issues for adult learners and jobseekers
- NSC’s paper on states set standards for Quality Non-Degree Credentials .
- More on sources of “real time” data about job openings and skill needs today
- Slides from NSC’s recent webinar on digital literacy. The two “Resources” slides near the end are probably the most useful. There are also a bunch of slides at the beginning that give examples of how different jobs are requiring different types of technology-related skills.
- Amanda’s blog post on how TANF, SNAP E&T, and WIOA funds can be used for digital inclusion is scheduled to be published on the NSC website on June 18.