COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT INTERN 2018-19
English for New Bostonians’ (ENB) is seeking a Communications and Development intern for the 2018-19 school year.
ENB’s mission is to invest in the future of Massachusetts by creating opportunities for English language learners to pursue their educational, economic and civic aspirations. ENB makes and manages grants to English language programs, provides training to teachers and leads a statewide campaign to increase business investment in English classes, policy advocacy, and capacity development.
Duties and Responsibilities: This is a great opportunity to learn about and participate in non-profit fundraising and communications. The ENB intern will work closely with the Director of Development and Communications in implementing strategies to increase funds raised and to communicate through multiple platforms about ENB’s work.
Specific tasks will include:
- Support fundraising events, including promotions, planning logistics, and data entry
- Donor research
- Take photos, interview and write stories about immigrants who are studying English
- Draft and send press releases
- Assist in planning social media calendar and writing posts (Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite)
- Assist in writing and organizing website pages (WordPress)
- Assist in designing promotional materials (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Data management relative to fund development (CiviCRM)
- Help to strategically organize and execute annual end-of-year fundraising appeal
Skills desired: Excellent written and verbal communications skills; detail-oriented; tech savvy (social media, website updates, Microsoft and
Google programs); appreciation for English for New Bostonians’ mission.
Position: Internship, unpaid
Start date: As soon as possible, through June 2019
Location and Hours: 105 Chauncy St., Boston, MA. (Downtown Crossing) 16 hours per week.
To apply: Please send résumé as an email attachment with “Internship Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org