Intern Position: Summer 2017
English for New Bostonians’ (ENB) mission is to invest in the future of our region by creating opportunities for English language learners to pursue their educational, economic and civic aspirations. ENB makes and manages grants to ESOL programs, provides training and technical assistance, and leads the statewide English Works Campaign. The Campaign focuses on increased business investment in ESOL, policy advocacy, and capacity development.
Duties and Responsibilities: This is a great opportunity to learn about and participate in non-profit fundraising, grantmaking and evaluation. The ENB/EW intern will work with the ENB staff, attending bi-weekly staff meetings and other meetings and events as applicable.
Specific tasks will include:
- Assist with fundraising and special events. This may include researching potential donors, developing promotional materials including video and print, and conducting outreach for events.
- Assist with grantmaking process, including grant review sessions, applicant communications, etc.
- Assist in collecting/ analyzing evaluation data from Targeted grant initiatives.
- Keep ENB/EW database, bulletins and websites up to date.
- Lay groundwork for AmeriCorps program fall training (class observations and practice students)
Skills desired: Excellent communication and organizational skills; Microsoft Office suite including Excel; appreciation for English for New Bostonians’ mission.
Position: Internship, unpaid
Start date: ASAP.
Location and Hours: 105 Chauncy St., Boston, 4th floor. 16-24 hours per week.
To apply: Please send résumé with "Internship application" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Americorps Host Site and Americorps Member Postings
Resources for Our Programs
Are you one of our funded programs? Be sure to check here for important updates, flyers, and other information.