Raising OUR Voices
Wednesday, October 30th: 8:00-9:30 am
Save the date for ENB’s annual celebration of English language programs and English language learners—Raising Our Voices. The morning is sure to inspire, with civic and business leaders, and students sharing their amazing journeys of hope! Help us spread the word!
The English Works Certificate of Recognition is a cornerstone of the English Works Campaign, serving to raise the visibility of the need for English language classes and the critical role that businesses, unions, advocates, students, and others play in developing the Commonwealth’s workforce. The certificates recognize businesses and joint labor-management partnerships that support a sustainable, high-quality English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) system in Massachusetts.
Nominations: (Click here for form)
- Should be submitted by Friday, August 9, 2019.
- Are encouraged from all regions of the Commonwealth and may include self-nominations
- Will be reviewed by the English Works Campaign Steering Committee, which includes business, labor, community and civic representatives.
- Will be presented by state, local and Campaign leaders at the “Raising our Voices: Recognizing ESOL Leadership in Business and the Community” Breakfast on Wednesday, October 30th at Northeastern University.
- Will be highlighted via statewide and local media.
- Demonstrate leadership, good corporate citizenship, and commitment to the immigrant workforce as a successful business practice.